The Reading Connection follows and implements the Prevention of COVID-19 according to the suggested guidelines listed by the Texas Department of Health Services https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus to provide necessary safety measures for participants and specialists.
These include but are not limited to:
- Participants are screened prior to entering the facility and asked to wash hands and use hand sanitizer.
- Each specialist has their own assigned station so that supplies and instructional materials are not shared among participants and specialists.
- Each learning station is spaced with social distancing in mind and supplied with disinfectants, hand sanitizer and plexi-glass screen guards.
- Face shields are an additional option for specialists.
- Air Filters are changed biweekly and we've increased our janitorial cleaning to weekly.